The Saree Festival: The endless swirl of beauty
May 2-4, 2015 at Alliance Francaise De Delhi
FESTIVAL SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
|Category||Event||Date and Time||Venue|
|Saree Mela||Saree Mela: An exhibition and sale of diverse Saree collections||Sat 2 – Mon 4 May, 2015;11 am to 8 pm daily||Alliance Francaise De Delhi (AFD) Gallery|
|Saree ka Gunijan Khana Day 1||The Saree in Indian Fashion;A talk by Shefalee Vasudev||Sat 2 May;6 – 7 pm||AFD Auditorium|
|Dressing up Rai Hridi Haran;A talk by Samrat Banerji||Sat 2 May;7 – 7.30 pm||AFD Auditorium|
|Film: The Man and his Saree;Dir: Shatabdi Chakrabarti(Colour, 05.29 mins, English)||Sat 2 May;7.45 – 8.15 pm||AFD Auditorium|
|Radio Rani meets Queen of Hearts;An informal banter with Sneh Nihalani and Deepa Mehta||Sat 2 May;8.15 – 8.45 pm||AFD Auditorium|
|Saree ka Gunijan KhanaDay 2||Love Saree: Men and the Saree:A panel featuring Samrat Banerji, Yulia Kissel Banerji, Anubhav Nath & others||Sun 3 May;10 – 11 am||AFD Auditorium|
|Film: Natale Tumchyasathi: Behind the adorned veil;Dir: Savitri Medhatul(Colour, 60 mins, Marathi with English subtitles)||Sun 3 May;11.15 am – 12.45 pm||AFD Auditorium|
|Saree Mela Previews||Previews from the Saree Mela collections||April 20 – 30;by appointment only||Red Earth Studio, Lado Sarai|
- All events are open to all on a first come first served basis.
- Kindly switch off mobile phones before entering event venues.
- Photography and audio/video recording not permitted.
- Contact 91-11-41671100 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alliance Francaise de Delhi; 72 Lodhi Estate, New Delhi, 110003 (Festival dates: 2 – 4 May 2015)
- Red Earth Studio, F 342 A, Second Floor, Behind Crescent Mall, Lado Sarai, New Delhi 110030 (For previews, by appointment only)